Thursday, December 3, 2009

Carrot Bars



Looking for a really easy, veggie-loaded dessert?  Try these moist carrot bars!  What's even better -- the bars go together in just one bowl!!  Yea for less dishes. 

Carrot Bars - Mom

Bars
1 C sugar (you can use a little less)
1/4 C oil
1/4 C applesauce
2 jars (small) baby food carrots
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 C flour (can use half whole wheat)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Frosting
1/4 C butter
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
3 oz. light cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all bar ingredients together in a large bowl.  Stir well until well-mixed.  Then, pour batter into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.   

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool.

While bars cool, cream together butter and cream cheese using an electric mixer.  Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until you have a light frosting.    

When bars are cool, frost with frosting, slice and serve!



9 comments:

  1. These sound scrumptious. I love the fact that you've used applesauce to replace some of the oil in your carrot bars. The bars have great eye appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, these look fabulous! I will have to try these:) I make your Buttermilk Wheat pancakes every Tuesday for breakfast, they truly are the BEST pancakes ever!! Thanks for all your fab recipes!

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum! These look delicious and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have some baby food jars of carrots sitting around, so this would be good. Now, if I could only find some TIME to bake...that would be even better. Anyway, your bars look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used baby food in these! What a good idea. I'm going to a pot luck next week and I bet these would be a crowd-pleasing dessert to bring. Carrot cake is my favorite (mostly for the frosting).

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I'll have to try them on my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had these Wednesday at my Bible study but instead of carrots my friend used pumpkin.
    Sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...